I’m so excited for the mc Chris show in Chicago!!!!!
I miss you all the time
jerryjamesstone's Breakfast “Panna Cotta”
Inspired by the Italian dessert panna cotta, this breakfast recipe is pure indulgence.
The bottom layer is a “salted” caramel made using soy sauce and brown sugar; it’s as tasty as it is weird. The middle is stuffed with creamy coconut and vanilla bean grits. And it’s all topped off with a thin layer of grapefruit-fennel marmalade. This dish can easily be made ahead for a breakfast on-the-go or just as a healthier dessert.
Soy Sauce Caramel
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cream
1. In a small saucepan gently combine the brown sugar, butter and cream. Warm over a medium-low heat until combined, then bring to a simmer over a medium-high heat.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and soy sauce.
Coconut & Vanilla Bean Grits
1 13.5oz can coconut milk
1/3 cup grits
1 vanilla bean, scraped
1 tablespoon sugar
pinch of salt
1. Add the coconut milk to a small saucepan and warm over a medium-low heat.
2. Add in the sugar, salt and vanilla bean seeds.
3. When mixture begins to simmer, add in the grits and cook on a low simmer for about 10 minutes, until the grits are tender.
4. Remove from heat and let stand.
1/2 grapefruit, juiced
1 cup sugar
2 ounces shaved fennel
1. Add the fennel to a small saucepan and sauté over a medium-low heat until just tender and aromatic.
2. Add in the grapefruit juice (I added the pulp too) and the sugar and bring to a boil. Cook until fennel is translucent.
Breakfast “Panna Cotta”
1. Using 8oz widemouth mason jars, cover the bottom layer with Soy Caramel, then the grits, and top off with a thin layer of grapefruit marmalade.
2. Cover and store in the fridge until you’re ready for the most amazing breakfast ever!